The winner of this award is supposed to list seven things about themselves and then pass the award along to seven other bloggers.
Here I go:
- I remember my grandfather say "Jack of all trades, Master of none". I understand that, as it relates to Genealogy. I have a good idea as to how to search for my ancestors, know how to record and document my findings, know how to use a computer program to do this.
- For this specific Blog, I have learned, and continue to learn, the value of Cemeteries and Head stones.
- Learning what is on a head stone some times helps us know a little more about who is being remembered in this cemeteries.
- From time to time, my wife and I take 'Day Trips' to visit and walk around a cemetery. You never know who you will meet. Many times, our trip is initiated from a request for "Find-A-Grave", as I am a contributor to that website.
- This Blog was started based on the "Day Trips" that we started about 10 years ago. Now it's a matter of getting all of the digital pictures organized and put online here, and at Find A Grave.
- The purpose is to help other family researchers see what a head stone might have to say about an individual
- I continue to learn about the various Symbols, found on head stones, mean, and what they may be saying about the person for whom that head stone was place.
and his recently published family history books:
Finding ONLY seven to send the award along to is very tough. My list is based on the Blogs that I learn from and follow, daily. Hopefully they are not new to you, but please stop by.